July 26, 2011
Wow! We have a ton of ground over, so let’s get started.
- Poor Richard’s Mixology has a wonderful parable on the kinds of conversations some religious people believe they are entitled to start and control.
- Monica Byrne channels Amanda Palmer and gives sage advice to anyone hoping to make a mark on the world.
- Here’s an image of the first gay couple married in New York. Dance, people!
- We all knew Vader was pimpin’, but who knew he was really a pimp?
- What if Harry Potter was made as an anime? The artwork’s gorgeous, but I doubt I’d see it.
- Is your grandmother cool? Yes? But is she HEAVY METAL cool?!
- Porche designed a bong? Frankly, it looks like a coffee maker, or some douche’s idea of what a bong should look like. Seriously, where are the dragons and trippy stuff?!
- Roddenberry. Lucas. Place your bets.
- J. K. Rowling has had many claim her work is stolen. It goes with the territory, but David Copperfield has the best argument thus far. After all, he IS Harry Potter.
- Texas is darn proud of its abstinence-only education… except Texas also has a shocking rate of teen pregnancy. Oops.
- Are you serious about photography? Serious enough to go to war over it? BRING IT!
- When someone in a crappy Spider-Man costume stole the mike during a Comic-Con panel and gave an emotional thank you to the crowd, everyone thought it was just a crazy fan… until said fan took the mask off and revealed himself to be Andrew Garfield, the man who will be playing Parker in The Amazing Spiderman. Crowning moment of nerd heartwarming indeed…