September 1, 2011
It’s not that I’m ungrateful for getting a teaching job this semester. I just wish I got more than 20 hours with which to prepare. Still, I’ve done a class like this before, so it should be pretty easy. And now, to catch up with the week’s stories and everything else I can’t cover in regular posts, here are the links.
You’re welcome, internet.
- George Lucas can’t help himself and is making MORE changes to the original trilogy. This time, he’s given Vader an extra “NOOOOO!” at the climbatic fight in Return of the Jedi and he’s altered Kenobi’s krayt dragon call. What else? For my money, if I’m going to shell out money for remastered movies, how about getting all the dialogue redone for the prequels? I mean the words themselves AND the delivery.
- Forget Cliffnotes. THIS is how you condense a literary classic.
- I want this library. Now. I know I had a birthday a week ago, but I still want this. Seriously, if you all get together, you might afford it if a third of you donated a kidney. You can decide who.
- Bubbles and ferrofluid. That’s all you need to know.
- AI has a long way to go. Watch two chatbots try to talk to each other. You’d think they got along great. I mean, they both speak the same language, right?
- Rick Santorum, the man who really wishes he wasn’t on Google, now thinks the gay community is on a jihad against him. Make up your mind, man! Are they Muslims or gays? Or gay Muslims? Or gays who turn Muslims? Why not just say their communist Muslim gays?
- A police comedy about the men and women who fight… the undead? SCORE!
- I’m a proud member of Sigma Nu Fraternity. Some of the bets friends I ever made were a part of it. The organization made me a better person… but I also know not all Greek houses have that level of commitment. However, there’s a reason fraternities and sororities are still an essential part of life for many college students. And if you’re at DePauw University, RUSH SIGMA NU THIS YEAR!
- Rick Perry has to do a lot of damage control… especially about his own book. Here’s a tip for anyone planning to run for public office: if you’re going to regret it, don’t say it or do it. Me? I could never run for president, but I think I’ve guaranteed with this website I’ll never hold public office.
- Helen Mirren loves making action movies. Here’s hoping Red becomes her own James Bond franchise! Until then, she’ll be starring in the sequel to When Harry Met Sally. Just trust me on this… Follow the link and check out sheer awesomeness.
- And finally, if you can text, text “PRETTY” to 69491 every day this month, I would love all of you. I’d have your baby. One collective baby. Anyway, check out Pretty Visitors on Facebook, Youtube, or if you’re in Texas, try to catch one of their gigs. Tony, the front man, is one of my oldest friends, and he and the band deserve the exposure. I will work to help expose them to the world. See you tomorrow so we can discuss the wackos from this article a little more. Apparently, we didn’t get their argument.