July 7, 2011
No, I’m not going to address the Casey Anthony trial except for one thing. All I’m going to say is that everyone stunned by the verdict needs to answer one question: is there reasonable doubt? Yes. Is there evidence to show she did it? Oh yeah. But go back and look at that last answer. Reasonable doubt? Oh yes. That’s the basis of our justice system. There were so many pieces of evidence that were not linked that while most of us might readily assume she was guilty, it’s an assumption.
- To clean all that nasty stuff out, here is a corgi breaking out another corgi.
- Is there any way I could a run a Mario-meets-Silent Hill RPG with THESE monsters? Please? Any players willing to try it out?
- And speaking of a Mario game, I’d run it here.
- Science is cool. Science with space-aimed lasers? AWESOME!
- It turns out that exposing children to Fourth of July celebrations is a factor in them turning Republican later in life. It makes sense. The GOP is fixated on American symbols of celebration (even if they don’t understand said symbols and blindly hold on to American Exceptionalism). Immigrants often vote for liberal causes, probably because they were not brought up on such celebrations before moving here.
- Michael Bay wrote the projectionists of America and asked them to do a few special things when Showing Transformers 3. That act in on itself is insulting enough and prime diva material, but the response letter is… well, let’s just say that Carl Fake, movie projectionist, needs an award for the written curb-stomp he unleashes on Michael Bay.
- This letter is more glaring when Bay himself reused shots from The Island in his latest cinematic bowel movement. Yeah. Multi-million dollar movie and he reused scenes. Maybe it was a sign he had TOO much action.
- And speaking of sheer awesomeness, Sean Connery is already a cultural icon, the embodiment of cool and the man who went on to enjoy a career marked by ups and downs but which, in the end, gave us memorable performances and characters. What could make it more awesome? How about Connery essentially telling Steve Jobs to go fuck himself? In a way only Sean Connery could pull off? We are not worthy.
- I’ve been wondering how I can get my sugar AND caffeine hits in one easy-to-go package. Behold, caffeinated Butterfinger!
- Cyclops shark. Just TRY to unsee this.
- And finally, Neil Gaiman alone is already nerd fuel. Adam Savage of Mythbusters? Also cool. Adam Savage serenading Neil Gaiman as Gollum doing a spoke-word rendition of “I Will Survive”? The only way this could be cooler is if Gaiman was being knighted with a lightsaber.