November 8, 2011
Guess who has to drop several pounds gained over the last year? Yeah, it’s going to be a fun month cutting back on caffeine, sugar, pounds, AND getting ready for the holiday season. Woohoo?
With that in mind, let’s get some links out of the way.
- Assassin’s Creed may be making its way tot he movies, but some insiders are shocked, SHOCKED I say, that Ubisoft has virtually total control over story, casting, everything. What does a video game company know about making movies, they ask? I’d ask instead what the hell Hollywood knows about adapting video games to movies. Bloodrayne, anyone? Prince of Persia? Doom? I could go on…
- Speaking of which, the president of Universal admits his company makes “shitty” movies. His words, not mine.
- Rachel Maddow has a theory about Herman Cain. He’s an actor. He has to be. The entire presidential run has to be some sort of massive art project. She explains her reasoning and, frankly, it makes sense.
- I did not and will not talk about the Kim Kardashian divorce. Just like I didn’t talk about the wedding. However, this article lays out how the divorce, at the same time the show is still showering us with images and video of the happy newlyweds, is actually good for America. In a nutshell, the dissonance between seeing the couple just a few weeks ago and the reality of today shatters the illusion of “reality” television. It’s staged, we all know that, but this is the most glaring example so far.
- If you find yourself complaining about the MTV Generation… you may be TOO old. Older than you think.
- Another moron from Jersey Shore got paid good money to lecture, this time at Columbia University. Thankfully, the students he spoke to were less than pleased he was there and let him know it.
- James Marsters, aka Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer answers some questions and makes a holiday picture like only Spike could make.
- I once asked if someone could make a chart of how many explosions Michael Bay could fit into a movie and still make money. Amazingly, someone did just that. It seems there is a point at which the explosions cannot save a movie, but beyond that point, more boom means more cash.
- Do you know someone who is against gay marriage? Here’s a handy set of pictures and text to explain the concept of gay marriage (what they gays refer to simply as MARRIAGE).
- I already knew the patron saint of hopeless causes and the patron saint of beer, but I was surprised to learn there is a patron saint of ugliness. Check out the other saints you may not have heard of.
- I love sleeping with some nice, semi-fluffy pillows and a warm comforter, but this is probably the best place to sleep EVAH!
- Adam Savage had a small role in a zombie flick. Short and sweet. Check it out.
- We have new images of the construction of the Death Star.
- There can be an argument that some people have TOO much money. They buy things that no one needs. Things like, well, anything in the Skymall catalogue. Or they go and do crap like THIS.
- Neil Gaiman will be on The Simpsons. Also, he gets roped into trying to do an American accent. Hilarity ensues.
- Here is a headbanging bear.
- And finally, here’s the trailer to Denzel Washington’s new movie, Safe House. Enjoy, and I’ll see you tomorrow.