July 14, 2011
Wow. Thursday already? The week is going by at rocket-speed… except when I want it. Oh well. Let’s get some links up in!
- Here’s a shocking fact. Every Republican screaming that we’re poor and broke and is ignoring the fact that tax increases are the actual answer, please watch this video. The top earners now hold more wealth than has ever existed in the history of humanity. Yeah. And this is from someone who used to work for REAGAN.
- Also, could someone please tell North Carolina that it’s not technically a state? Don’t worry, though. It’s a typo in their constitution. Sort of. it’s getting fixed.
- Ladies, want a boyfriend? Follow this handy advice from the American glory days of 1955!
- I’ve never seen this actor before, but DAMN if he doesn’t have an interesting personal website.
- We already saw Bane, but let’s take a look at the first teaser poster for next year’s The Dark Knight Rises. Squee!
- Sarah Palin got a documentary called The Undefeated? Didn’t she lose the vice-presidency and quit her gubernatorial job mid-way through?
- I had an interesting conversation regarding meat on Twitter. I’ll probably write more about it later, but suffice to say I’m a proud meat-eater and have no qualms about killing an animal for my food. With that in mind, there’s a reason a lot of vegetarians and vegans get a bad rep. It’s self-involved jerks like this that make the rest of you look bad.
- Fox News has been claiming Media Matters is an illegal organization because it is labeled as a non-profit and yet it attacks their news network, a clearly partisan agenda driven by politics. Well, there are a few problems with that, not the least of which is that news Corp., which owns Fox, hasn’t paid taxes in years and receives government aid.
- Speaking Fox, they like to hype how the borders are being overrun with aliens who are here to take our jobs or something like that, and they have further proof. they made a big segment out of a man jumping a fence along the Mexico border. Of course, it doesn’t help their case when they FLAT OUT SAY the man was caught. So… what was the argument again?
- Ron Weasley shows us that he’s not only got balls, but wands are for pussies.
- And finally, here’s the trailer for the sequel to Sherlock Holmes. I hope they don’t overdo the bullet-time, but other than that, it looks fun. See you tomorrow!