June 30, 2011
Holy crap! A new Divine by Zero? Really?
Yeah. See, time’s going to get really tight in the next few weeks, and I have to be a lot more conscious of the time I have to write. I’m going to start teaching a middle school writing course over the next few weeks, so there goes a lot of my time. Combined with moving and a lot of other things, and I get maybe an hour a day to do these posts, so these Divine by Zero articles will be the place to go for the weird and the things I just don’t have the time to write about in the regular articles.
Let’s get started with today’s batch.
- What would happen if the Beatles got signed today? The results are… terrifying.
- This billboard in the Phillipines is TRUE green advertising. Really.
- Chihuahuas are the tiny snacks of the animal kingdom. They’re uppity and serve no purposes… until I saw this little guy working as a sheep dog. A chihuahua sheep dog. let that sink in for a moment.
- I don’t always drink mixed drinks, but when I do, I prefer an All Your Base Are Belong To Us. Or Maybe a Ceiling Cat. no, really. These are drink recipes based on internet memes.
- And yes, I know that was a meme within a meme about memes. Let’s pay homage to the original guy, shall we?
- If you watch science fiction or horror in any way shape or form, you’ve probably seen Brian Thompson. You may not know his name, but you’ve seen him. He’s one of those guys you just know from his voice, and aside from starring in a lot of cheesy movies (Mortal Kombat sequel, anyone?) he has a lot more going for him. Check out the last paragraph in this bio.
- There are times the students make me want to do this…
- So… Justin Beiber goes out in public, knowing full well his fans are crazy obsessed, and some old guy tackled him. Okay, you might say, just arrest the guy. Beiber wasn’t hurt. But his fans were. Oh dear God, the fans. Apparently, the death threats against Kim Kardashian and Selema Gomez were not enough. THESE death threats make Bond villains look subtle.
- Kansas banned abortion. Well, they didn’t REALLY ban it. All they did was make it so difficult for clinics to meet state standards that no clinic can get its new license. So, yeah. I guess they did ban it.
- If anybody out there reads Japanese, could they please tell me the context of this nifty little English phrase in this book? I have a feeling that knowing the answer may be worse than not knowing, but I’m willing to give it a shot.
- New York’s legalization of gay marriage was momentous, and these images of the celebrations are both touching and beautiful. Well, done, New York.
- On the other hand, Pat Robertson was not amused. he goes on an warn us about raping angels and that no civilization that has accepted homosexuality has survived. Well, NO civilization has survived intact.
- This guy REALLY loves sandwiches. And he’ll show you how make them. With style!
- And finally, this is for the gaming geeks out there. I always had a problem with the whole concept of “the chainmail bikini,” not only because it objectified women and made it hard to invite girls to games, but because in a world of dragons and magic, I actually found THAT to be the least believable thing in the world. That being said, how would you average adventuring female react to actually having to wear this? And who thought it would be a good idea?