August 25, 2011
As I read through my Star Wars books and look for inspiration for this RPG we’re playing on Saturday, I can’t help but notice that the world continues to turn. Behold, the joys of internet surfing, wasting time, and everything you need to know!
- You want something truly American? Joe the Plumber and Steven Segal. Granted, one’s a loon who made his mark with the Tea Party and the other is a washed-up action star with an ego the size of a small Pacific island, but still… It’s like pizza and beer.
- Obama may be losing support at home, but they love him in Libya.
- And speaking of Libya, you want some swag to go with that revolution you just took part in? How about taking Gaddafi’s hat?
- Speaking of things that are way to awesome to be real, check out how one gamer dad makes sure his son wakes up.
- What’s a sure-fire way to censor art you find offensive because it portrays the male sexual organ? Simple. Get hired to “restore it.” No, really. A piece of that was just full of wang got people’s eyebrows up not because of what was on it, but what was missing after a group finished “restoring” it.
- Hellraiser was an interesting movie. The sequels went into schlock horror. But this? This is… I don’t know what this is…
- Someone at Disney finally admitted what we’ve known for years: it’s about the money, not the plot.
- Can someone in Oregon tell me The Lovecraft Bar is any good? It sounds awesome!
- Carrie Fisher has lost for than fifty months in the last nine months? Her goal? Getting back into the metal bikini. Seriously, though, she’s going it to help herself and she looks great. May the Force be her!
- It’s one thing to bring foreigners to this country for a cultural exchange. That’s wonderful. Making them work for Third-World wages while they don’t learn anything? That’s called exploitation, folks.
- As I type this, Glenn Beck is in the Holy Land doing the Lord’s work… selling himself and his brand. No, really. If you’re a Christian and still think this whacko has ANY point on anything, please watch him hawk HIMSELF at his Jerusalem rally. He claims it doesn’t take a prophet to see the things he sees. Frankly, it takes brain damage to see the things he sees.
- And finally, this has to be THE best commercial I’ve seen all year. Just watch it and try to guess what it’s selling.