August 23, 2011
Well, it looks like we’re back on schedule… more or less. Expect regular postings of Divine by Zero and weekly updates to The Weekly Muse. Don’t forget: this is YOUR chance to stump the writer. Give me the three strangest plot elements you can think of on the list and I’ll try to put them together into a story. If you’re writer, photographer, or an artist of any sort, I challenge you to take the trip with me. It’s a great way to get the creative juices going.
And now, for the links!
- Twitter can get you a steak dinner. No, really. Well, you have to be an advertising guru with a few hundred thousand followers, but still…
- Chris Farley was always one of those SNL comedians I both loved and hated. When he was good, he could do physical comedy like no one else. When he just wouldn’t stop, he became like that obnoxious guy at every party that tries to get attention by just being obnoxious. Still, his passing was a loss to comedy, and his personal problems leading to his death are a tragic story. Looking back, this amazing photograph of Chris Farley is even more sad.
- I’m usually the one one doing tech support for friends and family. if you ever ask me to do some work, for you, please, read this list of why your tech support guy hates YOU. Yes, you!
- Just WHAT is a hipster? Where did they come from. The answers may surprise you.
- Rick Perry is popular all over Texas? I don’t think so…
- Billy Mays had a great sense of humor about himself. Yes, he had a thousand and one parodies about him, but he took in stride as shown by this clip of him ordering at a McDonald’s, not as himself, but as HI! BILLY MAYS HERE!
- Kate Winslet, Emma Thompson, and Rachel Weiz… all talented actresses, all beautiful women, and they’re standing up to getting plastic surgery for the sake of looking good. Way to go, ladies!
- Do you think you’re badass? Try having breakfast like Hunter S. Thompson! Man vs Food couldn’t do this.
- Jim Lovell who did… something, I think, wants us all to remember one thing when we ask for a miracle.
- Real punk is a lifestyle and genre that seeks to be everything the mainstream is not. It’s a statement about being true to yourself and not following anyone. This guy? I don’t think he gets it.
- The next time someone says the rich are not that rich so they should not be taxed more, here’s a little list of what the top 2% could buy for the rest of us.
- Glenn Beck has been in Israel less than ten days…. and he already caused an international incident. To my international readers, THIS MAN DOES NOT REPRESENT THE US IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM!
- And finally, let’s take a look at perhaps the WORST orchestra in the world. It really doesn’t help that they’re playing such a recognizable song. See you tomorrow, folks!