July 19, 2011
It’s going to be an interesting two weeks. Mary and I are moving in August. I have to get things for the high school summer camp. I started The Weekly Muse, and I’m getting ready to get a podcast up and running once I figure out the software. In the meantime, expect articles on time and general weirdness on the Facebook page and the Twitter feed.
And now, on to the randomness!
- Who are the most violent people in the world? The answer might surprise you.
- That being said, the next time someone tells me that video games make people violent, I’d like to remind them about the other violent pastime our country actually ENCOURAGES.
- Does writing make you smarter? Yes. Does writing by hand with pen and paper, old school gangsta style, make you even SMARTER? Oh yes. Told you so!
- How bad is Palin’s new movie? Only three people went to the premier in Orange County. And they were reporters who HAD to be there.
- Just in time for the final installment of Harry Potter, here are a few alcoholic drinks you can make at home. I’m actually curious about the butter beer…
- A friend of mine got this security question… How the hell do you answer that?!
- Herman Cain, a man who has whined about race more times than anyone in recent memory, now claims it should be legal to ban mosques from being built. His rationale? Islam combines government and religion and is therefore illegal. By that reasoning, his party’s insistence on combining the Bible of law would make THEM illegal.
- Speaking of Islam, here is a wonderful example of how you DON’T champion women’s rights or fight for equality. First, you need to make sure you understand what you’re fighting against. Trust me. It’s a wonderful little read.
- I’ve been waiting for a new Red Hot Chili Peppers album… and here’s the first song! And contrary to what a friend believes, I think they sound just as good now as they did back in their druggie days.
- The Thing stands as one of the great horror films of the 80′s a truly disturbing movie where anyone could be the enemy. The paranoia made it awesome. That being said, and given my caution when it comes to sequels or remakes of classic works, I’m actually a little optimistic about the prequel, strangely also titled The Thing. Here’s the first trailer, and let’s hope it doesn’t suck.
- Rebecca Black is coming back. And I think I just gave them a slogan. D’oh!
- The new photos from the reboot of Spiderman have me thinking that they might actually know what they’re doing. Spidey looks, well, like he does in the comic. The costume changes are odd, but at least they have web shooters!
- And finally… some of you already saw this, but here’s the official, cleaned-up version of the first teaser for Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises. Please, dear gods of the four winds, do not let this get threequel rot. I will hunt people down with a fork.