June 3, 2010
Welcome, Randomologists. I’d like to also extend a warm welcome to the many new readers that have joined in the last three days. Folks, welcome to the madness. You’re now in a pit of semi-controlled chaos held together by delusion and paranoia.
Tell your friends!
Links off the starboard bow!
- Katee Sackhoff showed that a woman doesn’t have to look like a stick to be sexy, and in Battlestar Galactica, she showed she could also act. Now, she’s going to star in a horror movie called Growl. I kid you not, it’s about an underground fight club that runs into werewolves. Kiefer Sutherland is also in talks to participate. It sounds so ridiculous, it’s GOT to be awesome.
- Anyone else watch Thundercats as a kid? Well, the studio that did Batman: Gotham Knights and The Animatrix is giving Lion-O and the rest an anime make-over next year. Check out the teaser poster. Personally, I’m teetering between fear that this will be another 80’s love of mine ripped to shreds ala Transformers or the hope that this may be epic.
- Have you or a loved one been abducted by aliens? No need to fear! This handy-dandy website offers instructions on how to build a telepathy-proof cap. It also has tips on how to kill implanted alien embryos and fight a telepathic war. I only wish it was a parody and not dead serious…
- My city breaks another local record. No, it’s not the heat. On a street just a few blocks from where I live, police stopped a van they suspected of carrying contraband and found 147 assault rifles, 200 high-capacity magazines, and more than 10,000 rounds of ammo. Overkill much? Or just another day in the cartel wars just a few miles away?
- Remember Star Wars Kid? Yeah, oh how we laughed… Well, he’s lost the weight, is working on his law degree, and runs a cultural conservation society in his hometown of Trois-Rivières. So, no, he didn’t kill himself. In fact, other than jokes from his old high school mates, he’s doing pretty good for himself. Looks like being in court over the lawsuits against the kids who uploaded the video drove him to pursue law. Not a bad update on something so many of us laughed at… Now I feel kind of bad.
- The MIT Science Fiction Society released its review of Twilight. It takes all of one second to get through it, but I highly recommend it.
- Campari turned 150 years old this week. It got a birthday bash and everything. And yes, Dad, I still think it tastes too bitter.
- How can Patrick Stewart be ANY cooler? Well, how about achieving knighthood? That’s right. He is now Sir Patrick Stewart. He’s the captain of the Enterprise and closer to a Jedi than you or I will ever be. Bow in adoration to your new Man-God!
see more Lol Celebs
- Glenn Beck just proved he doesn’t exist. He’s apparently a figment of his own imagination. In yesterday’s show, he said he would expose how progressives are doing something unprecedented by creating villains, by telling you who the bad guys are and fabricating a story for you to follow. I guess, since Beck’s been doing this for more than a year now, that mean’s he’s imaginary. We’ve all hallucinated him calling Jesus a fascist, accusing the NCLR of being a racist gang, and otherwise equating any progressive or liberal with Nazis. Huh… the cognitive dissonance would kill most men, but since Beck is imaginary, he must be immune.
- How’s this for closing the oil gushing into the Gulf of Mexico? Let’s just nuke the frakker.
- It’s nice to know that, although a vast majority of Americans loathe Sarah Palin, she has the right to kill a reporter. At least, that’s the advice an Alaskan newspaper gave out. See, a writer recently moved next door and Palin’s gone off on how her family is now threatened. A local paper made th veiled threat that Palin has the right to “use of deadly force in protection of life and property.” Oh boy. If Alaska is anything like Texas, any flimsy excuse will do. Here, you pretty much have to step on someone’s grass and look at them in cock-eyed and you can get shot.
- And finally, check out this drummer past the 1:00 mark. Do you get the feeling he’s in the wrong band?
- Or for those wanting something more classical… how about some Lady Gaga performed in the classical tradition?
See you all tomorrow. Thanks for reading, and remember to link and share these stories if you like them! For tomorrow, I’m thinking we’ll discuss why it’s okay for your kid to be a loser. Seriously. Let the little brat go home crying.
Okay, maybe nothing that heartless. Still, it should be interesting.