October 28, 2011
It’s been a LONG week. I’ve got sunburn over my entire face and I feel sick and tired like… well, it’s just been a rough, long week. To make up for it, I’m bringing you a LOT of links full of epic randomness, as well as some short films, AND I’ll be writing a flash fiction for Monday, AKA the holiest day of the year. See you Monday!
- With Halloween coming up, why don’t we take a look at one of the most misunderstood “villains” of all time? Lucifer, what do you have to say for yourself?
- I think we can all agree that children’s drawings are creepy by themselves, but make them into stuffed toys in real life and they are totally cute. Yeah, I called these beasts of nightmare cute. You gonna argue?
- The Divide is the classic tale of nuclear war and the people who survive in an underground bunker and must fight their own demons. And it’s got Michael Biehn. Sounds good to me!
- I’ll admit I don’t play a lot of video games, but I’d be wierded out too if I saw any of these creepy game glitches.
- Do you think you rock hard? Well do you?! I bet you don’t rock harder than THREE YEAR OLD!
- If you want to give someone nightmares next time you cook, try out some appliances made to look like body parts.
- I once heard the guys at Spill.com describe Piranha 3D as that “fish and porn” movie. From the looks of it, the sequel, Piranha 3DD is going for the same winning combo of boobs, blood, and guts.
- And speaking of cheese and blood, an 18-year old filmmaker named Emily Hagins from Austin just got distribution for her vampire film, My Sucky Teen Romance. Looks interesting and is defiantly written with the genre in mind.
- Carving pumpkins? Boring! Carving watermelons to look like Ninja Turtles? Awesome!
- Paula Deen butter-flavored lip balm… If those words don’t give you nightmares, the logo sure will. “Put a little South on your mouth.” *SHUDDER*
- That three-eyes Simpsons fish? Yeah, it’s real now.
- Some sexy and awesome Comic-Con costumes! I think the guy who went as NES Link takes the cake for simplicity and cool. On the other hand, the ladies…
- This creature of horror and shadow? It’s the last thing you see before your soul is ripped apart.
- Halloween is coming up, so make sure you know what eyes belong to whom.
- This hardware store has perhaps the BEST advertisement for the Halloween season. It doesn’t matter if you’re a human trying to survive the zombie plague… or a zombie yourself!
- Apparently, they’re filming a new Resident Evil movie and two dozen or so extras were injured. I read this story and the only thing I got out of it was… Michelle Rodriguez is in it? Didn’t she die in the first one?!
- I’m not going to give it away, but… okay, just watch this commercial and a) try to guess what it’s selling and b) try to guess the ending.
- And finally, as promised, a short film by the creator or Trick ‘r Treat, as well as some creepy and really cool promos. Enjoy, and I’ll see you on Monday, Halloween 2011!